Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SNOW...and Composition Class

It's snowing!! It started snowing during the night and has been snowing on and off nearly all day. Now snow's not really that unusual for this part of the country, but the shift in the weather during that past several days has been amazing. I walked to church on Sunday evening and didn't really need my jacket. When I walked home from class last night, it was raining. And then when I got up this morning it was snowing. (Yes, I realize that I started the previous sentence with a conjunction. It was intentional.) Since the wind hasn't been blowing, it's not too cold here. The snow's very pretty and we do need the moisture right now.

I taught my first class of the semester today. Even though I've been teaching for a while, I'm still always a little nervous on the first day of class. Class went well, though we didn't get through everything like I had hoped. I have a rather dynamic group of students, so I think the semester's going to be a lot of fun. I'd been teaching business and professional writing for the last few semesters, but I have a general composition class again this semester. I still need to construct the overall schedule for the semester. I think I'll go home, watch the snow fall, make a cup of tea, and work on the schedule....

No comments: