Thursday, February 09, 2006

Coffee and Bunnies

Ahhh, Thursday!! The week's nearly over. I spent the last few days (and night) reading books and commenting on student papers. (I think I had a stroke of brilliance this semester. I've decided to use deferred grading in my class--in other words, I comment on student writing all semester, but I don't grade anything until the end of the semester when my students turn in a portfolio with samples of their writing from throughout the semester. Since I don't like to put grades on papers, I think this system should work pretty well. My students seem to like it too--at least so far anyway. I just hope that I'm not overwhelmed with work at the end of the semester.)

I'm meeting up with Jimmy for coffee and Killer Bunnies tonight. We haven't played in a while, so it should be a lot of fun and a good way to relax after a busy couple of days. I'll be lazy this evening, go to bed early, and then hopefully spend most of tomorrow reading and working on a paper that's due next week.

No comments: