Friday, February 17, 2006

Brrrrr!!

Brrrrr!! That was yesterday's word of the evening. (The word of the morning was 'Ahhhhh!' because the weather was so beautiful in the morning.) I looked back at records of yesterday's weather and found the high and low temperatures for this area: daytime high of 72, nighttime low of 20. That's a 52 degree temperature drop in less than 24 hours -- brrrrr!!

While a part of me wanted to curl up in front of my mantle (pretending I actually have a fireplace), drink hot chocolate with little marshmellows, and read a good book, I went out for the evening instead. Dale Ahlquist, the president of the American Chesterton Soceity, gave a talk on G. K. Chesterson, so I decided to go to that instead of reading (or sleeping) the cold, cold evening away.

No comments: