Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My First Big-Girl Bike

I got a bicycle this weekend!! I've wanted a bicycle for a while, but I finally bought one. It isn't anything too fancy or too expensive, but I'm enjoying it. (I'm calling it my first big-girl bike. I'm defining 'big-girl bike' as a bicycle with gears and brakes rather than pink streamers and a banana seat.) Anyway, I've ridden around an little and biked to campus the past few days. Though I don't live far from campus, I'm amazed by how much more quickly I can travel on a bicycle. (I still need to practice navigating through campus traffic. Also, my cell phone rang today while I was riding between buildings; I didn't even try to answer it....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was that call, let me tell you how much I enjoy being ignored. err.....

ginabnina said...

Nice try. Thanks to caller ID, I know it wasn't you!!