Friday, June 15, 2007

Settling Back In

I feel like I'm rambling a bit today....

Anyway, I'm finally getting settled back into something resembling a normal schedule. It's amazing how being gone for a week can completely throw a schedule awry. The house is clean and generally in order, so that makes reading and working easier. (Housecleaning and laundry are among my favorite things to do for productive procrastination. They allow me to put off doing what really needs to be done while still feeling like I'm accomplishing something.) The summer course that I'm teaching started on Monday. I've got a section of Introduction to College Composition (which is a course I haven't taught before), and I have a class of 6 students. So far things are going well.... My garden desperately needs weeded, and I've been working on it little by little; however, the mosquitoes have been so thick lately that I'm convinced they're trying to carry me away. I'll probably douse myself in bug repellent and try to finish that task sometime tomorrow.

No comments: