Friday, July 28, 2006

'I do not think it means what you think it means.'

I've been noticing signs recently that don't seem to make much sense. (One of my friends has a whole on-line album of silly signs, but I can't provide a link to it. Sorry.) Anyway, I saw a few that were particularly silly lately.

1. "Failure to pay toll strictly enforced." Okay, I know what they mean, but just how does one enforce a failure, I wonder....

2. "Baby Exchange." I think this is the name of a store. I don't even want to know what goes on in there.

3. "Family Crisis Services: Offering Advocacy, Community Education, and Support Services for Survivors Sexual Assault, Child Abuse, and Suicide." I actually took a picture of this sign because someone had circled the words 'survivors' and 'suicide' and then put a big question mark connecting the two. Of course I know what the makers of the sign mean, but it isn't quite what they said....

No comments: