Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Heat, Pink, and Laundry

Heat: It's been miserably hot here the last few days. (I guess it's been miserably hot just about everywhere these last few days.) If the bank thermometers were correct, it was 95 at about 10:15 last night and again at 9:15 this morning. I know we've had triple digit temperatures the past few days, and, if weather.com can be trusted, we'll be in those triple digits or a few more days before the temperature breaks. I'm drinking lots of water and enjoying frozen pops....

Pink: Pink is still in reference to my skin. Jimmy and I went over to a friend's apartment on Sunday; she provided access to the complex's swimming pool and we provided the bar-b-que. I'd just recovered from the pink from a few days before, and I pinkened myself once again. The pink's almost gone though....

I suppose 'pink' could potentially connect to laundry too. I remember that someone (a friend, actually) gave me a bright red towel set when I graduated from high school. While I knew better than to wash the towel with things other than reds or my other towels (which were dark pink), I suppose 'pink' could be the title of a blog outline the disastrous consequences of red towels, hot water, and a load of whites....

Laundry: Today was laundry day. Yep. That's it. Nothing more to say about that.

2 comments:

Johnny Introvert said...

Having a nasty sunburn is not a pleasant sensation. I've been using a sunblock with spf 45 this summer, and haven't gotten burned yet. However, I have a sandal pattern tanned onto my feet!

Anonymous said...

We've been "enjoying" a heat wave here too. Pinkness is no fun.....as for red towels.....isn't dying things fun? lt