Monday, June 12, 2006

Talkin' Texan

I went to Texas for a family reunion this past week, and I'm not stretching out my 'i's any more!! (I didn't think I would pick up any of the southern drawl, but I did catch myself stretching some of the vowels when I was talking to people down there....)

I enjoyed my trip down to Windthorst, TX for the family reunion. I hadn't been down for a family reunion in at least 9 years (I think it was 10 actually), and I felt like I needed to go see everyone there again. Quite a bit of the family came up to Kansas for Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary last year, and seeing everyone there made me realize how much I had missed seeing everyone during the years between. The reunion was on Sunday after church. (See the picture of the absolutely beautiful church that's in the tiny little town!) However, the festivities actually began on Saturday night with a fish-fry out at Aunt Margaret's house. (Aunt Margaret lives in the house that used to belong to my grandpa. The house was always a central gathering spot.) I met up with Mom, Dad, and Janet that evening, and we all spent the night at Aunt Grace's house. (Aunt Grace always insists that Mom and Dad stay at her house when they go down to visit. Janet and I got invited too.) I thoroughly enjoyed the reunion, and I got to see lots of people who I hadn't seen in a very long time....

And then today was back to the same ol' everyday routine (or as much of 'the same ol' everyday routine' that actually exists during the summer)....

No comments: