Friday, March 31, 2006

Pumpkin Pie and Shrimp Stir-Fry

(Yes, I know, the rhyme is trite. Oh well, it's Friday. I don't care.)

Anyway, I spent a few hours today in the kitchen. My church has Stations of the Cross every Friday afternoon during Lent, and members of the Women's Group generally take turns cooking supper for everybody after Stations. Since I like to cook, I volunteered for this week. I made shrimp stir-fry (which was served over rice), pumpkin pie, and coconut pie. I thought the stir-fry was good. I don't generally eat pumpkin pie, but I wanted to get the last of the pie crust and the pumpkin out of my freezer; the people who ate the pumpkin pie said it was good. And I like the coconut pie; I think it's probably one of my favorite desserts.

I'm going to be spending most of the rest of the evening cleaning my messy apartment. I haven't given the apartment a good cleaning in a while, so I need to chase the little dust bunnies around for a while....

No comments: