Tuesday, January 16, 2007

One

One: The number of times I fell on my bumm today....

We've been hit with a wintry blast of ice throughout the past several days. The ice has accumulated, and now there's a 3-inch ice shell over just about everything. I spent most of the past few days hibernating in my little house, but I ventured out for school today. (School wasn't canceled today; I was surprised.) Even though I was all bundled up, I was still pretty cold for most of the day. The walkways and such on campus were all pretty clear, but just getting to campus was a bit of a challenge. I kept my stairs and the sidewalk leading up to my house clear, but the sidewalks near the streets were another story altogether. (I think I could have skated to work today more easily than I could have walked to work.) Anyway, I did walk to work. I figure I walked about a mile today (round trip) and I only fell once. While my bumm didn't particularly like meeting with the ice, one fall per mile really isn't too bad of an average....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just got snow. Today we may have a little ice from it refreezing. Road conditions were never slick though. LT