Sunday, May 28, 2006

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch....

Happy Long Weekend!! (And an early Happy Memorial Day!!) I'm back at home after my little weekend excursion. I decided to sneak away for a while, but I couldn't justify taking a long weekend given all of the things that I need to get done during the next few days. I went up to my sister Janet's ranch in Kansas for a little get-together there. The ranch is in south-eastern Kansas, nestled back among tall trees and little ponds. The working ranch was the site of a supper on Saturday evening (they bar-b-qued a lamb) and a lot of visiting today. Some of the guys went fishing at a ridiculously early hour this morning, and they sorted and worked sheep after they returned from their little fishing trip. I spent a bit of time wandering around with Janet and taking pictures of all the pretty scenery there--the lily pads were in bloom on the pond, the geese were swimming today, and some of the wildflower were beautiful. (I might post some pictures whenever I get the roll of film finished and developed.)

I enjoyed the trip up north, but now I need to get back to work here. I have lots of paperwork and lesson plans that need to be finished, and there's always cleaning to do and errands to run. Maybe I'll manage to get caught up on things tomorrow....

No comments: