Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Exams, Partys, and a Honda

Well, I'm almost finished for the semester. The pages remaining count is at 0 (YAY!) and I have one exam left, which is tomorrow afternoon. (I had a paper due yesterday and an exam last night. It was not a pleasant day.) I have a little bit of grading left, so I'm hoping to have everything finished up by Thursday--certainly by Friday. I'll be going homehome for a week or so after everything's finished, but I'm not sure what the travel dates will be. I need to call Mom....

In addition to the crazy school schedule this time of the semester, somehow I've ended up with a crazy social schedule as well. (Wow, me with a social schedule, that doesn't happen very often.) Anyway, Jimmy and I went to the opera--the last one of the season--on Sunday. We saw _The Marriage of Figaro_. Though I'm not a big fan of Mozart (I think he's repetitive to the point where it's almost an insult to the audience), I did enjoy the opera (despite the repetitive elements). I think it was my favorite of the season.... Yesterday was brutal, so there was nothing social that occurred at all beyond an improv study group, which doesn't really count as social interaction.... Some of the professors had a party at their house tonight, so Jimmy and I went to that. It was fun...and people actually talked about stuff other than school!! While I like hanging out with people from the office, the problem is that the only things we really have in common are our teaching and our studies, which sometimes makes for pretty dull party conversation....

And a random cool link to close out my post today. One of my sisters sent me this one in an e-mail. It's actually a car commercial, but it's just pretty awesome....

No comments: