Thursday, May 04, 2006

Celebrating with Blast!

I finished my classes for the semester, took my last exam yesterday afternoon. (YAY!!) Now all I have left to do is turn in grades for my students. Since the semester's over, I get to read 'just-for-fun' books for a while. I think I'll start with Bill's latest book and then maybe move on to some chicklit something-rather. I'll probably spend my time on a few 'beach reading' books before I return to working on my readling lists for my qualifying exams.

Anyway, Jimmy and I celebrated my being finished with a trip to the Performing Arts Center for a Blast! performance. (I think Jimmy's rejoicing that I'm finished with the semester too. I've heard the phrases 'Have you seen my girlfriend?' and 'When can I have my girlfriend back?' way to much during the past week.) Anyway, Blast! was my reward for surviving the semester. I'd seen them before a few years ago, so I was excited to see the performance again. The music was amazing, as I remembered, and the whole thing was very aesthetically pleasing. I think they had a few technically difficulties last night, as a few things didn't seem timed quite right, but the performance was still wonderful. I'm pretty certain Jimmy enjoyed it too (or at least he enjoyed it more than the opera).

No comments: