Monday, December 05, 2005

Last Day of Classes

Returning to the computer after a relatively long weekend...or at least what felt like a relatively long weekend....

Friday was a lot of fun. I spent the afternoon reading books and cleaning house (which is a wonderful method of productive procrastination). Janet came through town in the evening and took Jimmy and I out for supper. We went to a little British place (British in atmosphere, not necessarily cuisine) that's tucked away in a little corner in the middle of town. After supper we went back to my apartment and played some Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit. (It was nice to play Scrabble with a mediator present; Jimmy and I tend to argue when we play Scrabble with just the two of us. Janet won the game too; she uses big words.)

Saturday was a rather fuzzy and overcast day. I did homework, but that's really about all. Jimmy and I went to a theatre production in the evening: The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. I'd seen the play before, but this production was still quite good. (Jimmy seemed to enjoy the show too. He certainly liked it better than the opera.)

And Sunday was spent reading books and grading papers. I haven't finished all the reading that I need to do for my projects, but I did manage to finish grading all of the major projects that my students produced this semester. I still have a stack of shorter things to grade, but all the big things are graded.

So now today is Monday...and the last day of classes for the semester. I met with my students this morning for our last set of presentations, and I returned all of the papers that I graded yesterday. Now I need to finish the last of the grading and get started writing all of my papers....

No comments: