Sunday, October 08, 2006

Cingular is Yucky.

(I had a different title for this post, but I didn't think it was appropriate. This is a rant continued from the 'My Yucky Phone' post from a few months ago. You've been warned....)

Okay, as you know I had trouble with my cell phone a few months ago. My phone quit working, so I contacted the company and they sent me a new one. After a week and a half, problems with shipping, and all sorts of mess-ups, I finally had a functioning phone again. After more phone calls to the company, I managed to get refunds for the things I had downloaded and credits toward my account for the days that I was without phone service. And I was happy....

Within the last month, I received two voicemail messages from Cingular regarding my replacement phone. The messages were rather vague; they didn't really say anything except that they were calling to check up on my replacement phone. Both messages asked me to return their calls, which I did, only to be transfered directly to voicemail where I left messages letting them know that my replacement phone was working wonderfully and that they should call me if they had questions or needed further information.

And today I checked my phone bill online....and they're trying to charge me $212 for the non-functioning phone that they claimed I didn't return to them! AHHHH! The non-functioning phone was sent back to them only a few days after I received the new phone (which was in late August). It was returned in the same box in which the new phone had arrived, the postage was pre-paid, and the shipping label was included (and it was even shipped USPS). I don't really see how this could have been messed up. Now I guess I'm going to have to spend another few hours, days, weeks trying to sort out this new mess with the phone people.

Like I said last time, Cingular is yucky; I want my AT&T back!!

No comments: