Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Family Reunion

This past weekend was family reunion for my dad's side of the family down in Texas. I hadn't been down there for a reunion in a few years (2006) and I was excited to get to go down this year. It was especially exciting as Lily hadn't met any of her aunts and uncles (actually, great aunts and uncles) from that side of the family. Lily also got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa from Kansas (my folks) while we were down there. She flew kites with Grandpa, ate all of Grandma's watermelon, picked Aunt Bernadine's flowers, narrated the slide show of pictures of our new house, and threw a very impressive temper-tantrum during church. (I found out after mass that the cry-room wasn't sound-proof.) All in all though it was a wonderful weekend and a very nice trip...it just would have been nice to have had even more time to visit....



1 comment:

lb said...

Oh, I could have told you the cry room isn't soundproof. Rachel proved that very well when she was 3. I didn't know it either until people kept turning around to see who was beating their child. We went outside.