Friday, May 16, 2008

The Letter Between 'L' and 'N'

The darling husband's laptop has suffered a bit of an oops, which has resulted in new challenges in typing, working, and surfing the internet. Our desktop is functioning as usual, but the laptop has one large issue: the letter between 'L' and 'N' is no longer operational. The key won't work, and the only other option is to cut-and-paste the letter in when needed. While I didn't think this would be a large issue, I find that I've been surprised by the things that I can't type on the laptop: a plethora of internet addresses, darling husband's general address, the titles of the towns in which we reside and in which I grew up, and several of the logins and passwords that I use regularly for various things online.

Though this post is certainly brief, I have been successful in drafting the entire piece without said letter between 'L' and 'N.' I have, however, had to stretch the vocabulary a bit and think considerably longer than usual to finish this relatively brief post....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on you're composing your m-less post.

ginabnina said...

Thanks. The whole thing made me think of the _Gilmore Girls_ episode where the members of the Life and Death Brigade play a type of game where they can't speak any word that contains the letter 'E.' (I can manage without an 'M,' but surviving without an 'E' would be considerably more difficult.)