Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Jimmy's English Teacher

Jimmy and I went to visit with a potential wedding photographer last night. I'd visited with this photographer at the second wedding show that I attended; I enjoyed talking with her, and I was pleased with her work. I was also relatively pleased with her prices, so I called her and set up an appointment where I could look at more pictures and chat with her about her approach to photographing weddings and her prices. Jimmy's Monday night class was cancelled, so he went along with me. As soon as we walked in the door, the lady looked at Jimmy and said, 'I know you!' It turns out that she had been an English teacher and the yearbook guru at the high school that Jimmy attended. (I knew that she was a retired English teacher, but I hadn't put two and two together.) When she realized that Jimmy was a former student, she took the original price list away and gave us a new one (with prices that were 20-25% lower); she also sent me home with a book to read....

I like English teachers. :)

No comments: