Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Mommy has coffee..."

I'm beginning to wonder just where my little girl is learning some of the things she knows....

I spent a few hours today working at the library, and Lily got to spend some time with Grandpa S. and Grammy S. I picked Lily up after lunch (right about naptime) and we started our little trip home. Lily promptly downed the contents of her sippy, and then began requesting more water, with ice. In order to accommodate her very reasonable request, I decided to go through a drive-thru at Starbucks. (We don't have a Starbucks where we live, so a good cup of chai is a real treat!) I ordered, and we got our drinks. As soon as Lily saw my drink, she exclaimed, "Mommy has coffee. Coffee's hot!" Now, I know this might not be particularly strange, but we don't drink coffee, we don't have coffee in our house, none of the babysitters drink coffee.... I'm left wondering where this child learn about coffee, and what it mean that she's already able to identify a Starbucks cup....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...effects of marketing on toddlers...it does make you wonder! ;-)