Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Food?"

Lily was helping me prepare supper in the kitchen this evening, and she was taking inventory of everything that was at her level. (Since the kitchen had been under construction for such a long time, Lily had been banned from the construction zone. She's just now permitted in the kitchen with supervision.) Lily was doing a wonderful job of helping me get everything out of the refrigerator that I needed to prepare both her meal and mine -- peas, corn, grapes, etc. As she was closing the refrigerator door, she picked Tucker's catnip (which comes in something resembling a margarine tub) up off of the floor. She held it up and asked, "Food?" I answered yes, but explained that it was Tucker's food and we don't eat it. She nodded her head in understanding. I later found the catnip in the refrigerator.

No comments: