Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

My poor blog has been neglected this past week as we were out of town. Lily (and Jimmy and I) got to go visit her Grandpa and Grandma B. (my parents) in Kansas for the week. They don't have the internet at their house, which explains the lack of blog updates for the week.

Anyway, it was a wonderful trip. The 8 1/2 hour drives each way became 12 hour drives because we made quite a few extra stops for Lily. She actually traveled pretty well considering the amount of time she spent in the carseat. The trip was pretty exciting for Lily. She got to meet all of her aunts and uncles and most of her cousins on my side of the family, and she got to spend time with her Grandpa and Grandma. (Isn't the Lily and Grandpa picture cute!!) The trip was also filled with lots of those little baby "firsts": first trip to the farm, first time to sit in a high chair, first real food (baby cereal--and whatever else Grandpa snuck to her while Mommy wasn't looking), first time to ride like a big girl in the grocery cart, first snow storm, and a first pair of shoes.

Jimmy and I enjoyed the trip too. It was the first real time off that Jimmy had from work since our trip to New Orleans this past August. (He has days off here and there, but he lives only a few houses away from his office and often ends up going in for things even when he is technically "off.") I spent a few days working, but I took plenty of time to relax too. I managed to sleep in a couple of days since there were other people around to play with Lily in the mornings. Jimmy and I even got to go out (together!) for beers one evening; we figured out that we hadn't done that in at least 15 months!

I always like going to visit everybody; it just makes me wish I lived closer so I could visit more often....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wish you lived closer too, so we could spoil a baby more often!!!