Saturday, November 15, 2008

Strep Throat

I have strep throat. I started feeling yucky on Monday, still felt yucky on Tuesday, felt a little worse on Wednesday, and on Thursday I called in sick to work and went to the doctor. The doctor did a strep test, which came back positive, and then gave me drugs (which was not a simple task since I'm still nursing Lily and am allergic to penicillin and all it's moldy friends). After my trip to the doctor, I took Lily to the doctor since she and I had been sharing symptoms since Monday. The good news is that she apparently has just a cold. (From what the doctor told me, it's very uncommon for babies to get strep because they don't usually have the proteins in their throats that strep feed on or attach to.) I spent most of Friday resting, and now I'm trying to get back in the swing of things so I can still get some stuff accomplished this week....

No comments: