Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Garage

Jimmy and I worked on cleaning out the garage today. The garage is detached from the house, and it's a mess. We're trying to get it cleaned up so the space is usable for more than simply storing junk. Judging by the state of things, I don't think the garage has been cleaned out in years, many years. Jimmy mostly worked on the bottom floor, and I spent my time sifting through stuff in the attic. While most of what we found was old Christmas decorations and boxes full of random stuff (everything from fabric scraps to paint cans), we did find some interesting things too. We found some books, some Christmas card catalogues, and a box with some old cards and letters. We threw out over a dozen trash bags full of trash and junk, but we did save a few interesting things to sort through and look at later. Though I'm glad we made progress in the garage, I'm now wondering how long it will be before I'm breathing normally again....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do that gross saline rinse a couple times a day. Claritin works well for me, too. (Of course, it works better if you've taken in BEFORE you're exposed to all that dust, etc.) Next time, wear a mask. Hope you're better soon.