Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break in Dallas

It was Spring Break this past week, and we celebrated with a little family trip down to Dallas. We stayed with Aunt Janet and Uncle Tio (who were eager babysitters) and spent quite a bit of time just visiting. We also spent some time shopping and browsing; we went to a big mall, a really cool shopping center, and the most amazing grocery store I've ever seen. Jimmy and I had an evening out and went to see a movie. (This was my first trip to the movie theatre since Lily was born. We saw Knowing. It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. There were aliens. I wasn't expecting aliens. The previews didn't mention aliens....) Nonetheless, it was still nice to have an evening out sans Lily. Lily seemed to enjoy the trip. She got to hang out with Aunt Janet, had her first taste of chocolate cake, and talked to Prozac, Uncle Tio's parrot. She also acquired a very special friend on this trip -- a teddy bear named Rose that was made just for her....

1 comment:

lb said...

I'm jealous!!!! Aunt Janet got to spoil Lily and I didn't. She's just too cute!