Monday, April 21, 2008

Red Wine and Rootbeer Floats

Red wine and rootbeer floats are the two things that I've been craving lately. (I haven't really had any of the rumored strange pregnancy cravings. Everything that I've wanted to eat has been pretty normal. No "pickles and ice cream" combinations or anything like that.) Early on I wanted popsicles all the time, and then for a while I wanted Arby's roast beef sandwiches. Now I'm finding that there are two things that I want: red wine and rootbeer floats (well, sometimes it's just rootbeer). Given that alcohol consumption is strongly discouraged during pregnancy, I haven't allowed myself to have any red wine. However, rootbeer floats are becoming something commonly seen around the house. (And even though there's quite a bit of sugar in the floats, I'm at least making them with caffeine-free rootbeer.)

D-25 and counting....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, enjoy your floats :).

God Bless
LT

Anonymous said...

I crave Arby's Roast beef sandwiches all the time anyways. Paired with curly fries.

Anonymous said...

I craved McDonalds french fries when I was PG with one of the kids. I don't usually even GO to McDonalds, but I'd be out running errands and find myself in the drivethru ordering fries only. And once I ate a whole bag (not the giant one, but the next size) of Lays Plain Potato Chips. NOT A GOOD IDEA! My stomach felt like a huge grease pit for a few days.